My cousin Leah was in Green Bay visiting from Colorado this week/weekend. Brad and I met her and Ben, plus her sister Megan and her boyfriend Dave, out for dinner at Plae Bistro, located on the east side of GB near Target. It's actually owned by a friend from grade school's sister. I've been wanting to try this place for awhile because the menu seems pretty downtown Milwaukee-ish (trendy, unique/fancy dishes) but it's in Green Bay (home of burgers and pretty much greasy - albeit delicious - food).
We got to Plae Bistro at about 8:15pm, which for Green Bay, is pretty late for dining. Because of that, a few delicious looking menu items were sold out (the snapper which Brad wanted to try and a couple of the other specials). I guess that tells you it's a popular/good place, though. We started with some drinks and an appetizer of bruschetta. My wine (moscato) was yummy and Brad loved his pint of Hinterland beer. The others shared a bottle of red wine that they also enjoyed. The bruschetta was really good but we loved the hot rolls with oil/olive tapenade that came before dinner.
For dinner we had quite a variety of food. I had the Original Pizza, which was your traditional mozzarella cheese, basil, and tomato pizza, but with added prosciutto. I was expecting a crispy, thin crust, but it was actually pretty thick (still crispy though!). There was a bit more mozzarella cheese than I'd expect, but it was a delicious pizza. Meagan got the Ahi Tuna Salad, which she really enjoyed. Brad got the Seared Ahi Tuna, which he thought was tasty. He LOVES his tuna rare, and it was cooked perfectly for him. Leah got the Apple Brie Stuffed Chicken, which I think was delicious, since several people at our table helped her finish it. Ben had the Pan-Seared Duck, which I think was great since he finished it despite it being a pretty large portion. Overall, the food was great and there was a wide variety of dishes to choose from.
We did not save room for dessert, but there were quite a few options. When we left at 10, the restaurant was pretty empty since that's pretty late for GB dining, but our waitress still offered desserts and more drinks. I'm sure they were waiting for us to leave, but we never felt that way.
Atmosphere is a big factor for me when dining, and I liked this one. It was dim and there was plenty of talking the whole time. We were all pleasantly surprised when our waitress brought the bill over divided (even the appetizer and wine) into the three couples, even though we didn't want to ask and hassle her to do that! It was thoughtful.
Brad and I both want to go back to try some other dishes, since we had a hard time narrowing down our meals. We'd recommend it if you're in the area!
We had a great time with you guys!
ReplyDelete