6.03.2012

Jake's Burger: Brookfield, WI

Whoa, sorry for the lack of new posts lately.  I guess we haven't exactly been going out to eat at any new restaurants lately!  Now that it's summer though, we should be posting more frequently.  Summer is our go-out-to-eat time of year!

A few weeks ago, we tried Brookfield's new burger joint, Jake's Burger.  We got there and it was FREEZING inside, and when I asked about it, they said it had just been super hot and they turned the air on for a little while.  It got more comfortable after awhile.  Our waitress was nice and got to us fairly often, although I saw a different table wait a LONG time to be greeted.  We did not have any issues.

The food was good, if you like burgers.  I was hoping to get some type of club or chicken sandwich - no such luck.  The entire menu (it's smallish) is BURGERS.  They do have a few side salads and side options (fries, onion strings).  We got a double onion string to share - it was WAY too big.  I'd recommend a single for two people to share.  The burgers were good.  Brad loved his Bleu and Port burger.  I got the Jake's Burger, and it was good, but very greasy and HUGE.  I literally had to squish it down to be able to take a bite.  You can choose from a variety of toppings, but adding on extras is a bit pricey.

Overall, it's a good place.  Pricing was decent (If I remember correctly, $9-12 for a burger - but they're big).  It seemed like they had some good deals for Happy Hour (Brad got a margarita at 9pm and I think it was $5).  I think boys/men would appreciate this place a little more than I would, or girls with a hearty meat appetite.  They did offer gluten free options/buns for people who need that, which I thought was nice!  They also just started serving at lunch time, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View Milwaukee Dining Reviews in a larger map